Thursday 27 February 2014

Salewa Mountain Trainer Mid Preview

From an early age through to my mid teens rock climbing was part of the outdoor pass times we enjoyed in our family. From Wharncliffe Crags to Stanage Edge in the Peak District, through to Little Tryfan in the Ogwen Valley Wales I enjoyed the experience. Half way up Little Tryfan watching Tornado jets zip through the Ogwen Valley at your level and lower was amazing. So some of my walks are starting to trend more towards scrambling. Grindsbrook in the Peak District, Gordale Scar in the Dales and the little scramble found on the Corridor Route from Scafell Pike have offered a small taste of what we used to do, but I want to do more. So next year I plan on getting involved in Via Ferrata. So for more scrambling and Via Ferrata I have opted to purchase some new footwear. And I plumbed for the Salewa Mountain Trainer Mid.
 
 
After much research I opted for the Mountain Mid due to excellent reviews and a recommendation by the guys at the Outside outdoor shop in Hathersage. I would highly recommend this shop, although I have no connection with them, the boots were paid for with my own money, well actually they were a Christmas present.
 



 
 

I managed to give the boots a try locally recently. I wanted to check comfort and how waterproof the boots are. And yep, they are waterproof, fully immersed for a couple of minutes in a river just to make sure.
 
 
 

Here are some more shots of the boots. They have some excellent features with a slight throw back to rock climbing shoes. Soft Vibram Mulaz sole, narrow toe area, a climbing zone, sticky rubber rand, lacing to the toe area, and excellent lacing system and enough ankle flex. I look forward to writing up a review after they have had some use later in the year.









No comments:

Post a Comment